Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Big Red Sexy Bottoms


I live in the city of Launceston.
A lovely place.
Launceston has a sister city - a town in Japan the name of which I do not know.
Several years ago the two towns joined together for an exciting cultural exchange.
Japan gave to the city of Launceston a family of monkies, which were housed in a jolly enclosure in a place called City Park.
And to Japan, the citizens of Launceston gave some sheep.
Yes.
Some sheep.
I've never been to Japan, not have I ever had any Japanese friends, so I'd have to make an assumption that somehow a sheep in an interesting and exotic animal.
I wouldn't have thought so.
And as mundane an animal as someone might think a monkey is, they are heaps more interesting than a sheep.
It's like trading the Loch Ness Monster for a budgerigar.
I'm not sure if anything else was sent over - perhaps some wombats or a Tassie devil or something - I don't know.
But I think we got the better deal.
In recent years these poor monkies have all been infected with hepititis C.
I think they can only catch this from people, so fuck knows what's been going on behind closed doors.
They had to make a decision - do we put the poor monkies down, or do we build them a jolly great new enclosure to live out the rest of their days in.
The opted for the renovations and spared the lives of the monkies, which the citizens of Launceston, and the primated themselves are all thankful for.Posted by Hello

No comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged