Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Looking Up



You may recall I mentioned some miners that had been trapped underground for a fortnight.
Well they finally got them out.
I had expected them to emerge all pale and shrunken and Gollum like, but in fact as they emerged it was hard to tell them from the rest of the rabble waiting to greet them.
I should probably be pleased that they escaped healthy and well but it was a bit dissapointing that they didn't crawl out on hands and knees clawing for food.

10 comments:

MikeS said...

I just saw the story on the news. It's great that they got out okay and well enough to walk out on their own.

Elliot Cowan said...

I suspect the state of their health was less dramatic than we've been led to believe.

Oscar Grillo said...

Very pleased for the miners rescue...Why did you post this "Finding Nemo" sketch"?

Elliot Cowan said...

Any other complaints today, Grillo?

Girl said...

Well they did get fed well down there, what with egg salad and McD's, never mind the water they licked off the rock. Of course they walked out.

Oh, and the iPod's, to help them exercise so their muscles didn't atrophy.

limbolo said...

How does an iPOD help one to exercise one's muscles?

I enjoy the colours - something new in the sandwich bag - as though one were looking up through a carpet, listening to an iPOD.

Elliot Cowan said...

I think you are supposed to dance to the music...

And cheers re colours.
I'm not really used to using photoshop for drawing but I'm getting the hang of it slowly....

Little Rock said...

I imagine being an ant when I look at this.

Matt Jones said...

When I heard about a Tazzie stuck in a mine I immediately thought you'd hit it off with that chick with the cleavage from a few posts back?!

Elliot Cowan said...

I wish!
For some reason they call people from Tasmania, Taswegians.
I never hesitate to mention that I'm not actually from Tasmania - I just live here (for a few weeks longer).

 
Blog Directory - Blogged