Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Natalies Portman



Pretty girls are always hard to caricature.
You can can do kind of a cartoony drawing of them, but a caricature is a harder thing.
As Smook and I have discussed recently, I think it's the essence of the character rather than an exact likeness that's important - the essence of beautiful girl is pretty boring to be honest.
As for caricaturing actors.
I tend to do them in character as it's a useful cheat to lead the view to who it is supposed to be.
It was my first instinct to do her bald, as she's been in the media bald for some time, but I thought that was TOO much of a cheat, so I did one with hair first.
I think that even though they both had the same base head drawing, they bald one looks more accurate.

Also - Australia beat Japan in the soccer yesterday.
This is apparently a very good thing.
Go team.

2 comments:

Girl said...

And I haven't even squeezed in any footie so far. Soon, very soon.

Elliot Cowan said...

You never like my caricatures!
I've got a good rep for this kind of thing!
You know who really sucks?
Prince, that's who.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged