Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hello!

I have been very neglectful of my blog recently, yet people have been kind enough to return to visit.
So then!
What have I been up to?
The usual collection of skiving and work.
A very big special "Hooray, Huzzah!" to the delightful Stef Kardos and his brand new bride, the even more delightful Tina.
I spent some time with them on their wedding day ingesting vast quantities of Fuller's Honeydew Ale.
I met the delightfully incoherent Kardos Snr, who considered me to have the sharpest intellectual mind he had ever encountered.
On his way out he declared, in a mighty commanding voice, "ELLIOT! L' IDIOT!".
I believe this translates into "Elliot! I admire your generously sized antipodean brain! I salute you!".
Now then - there was another lasting memory of the evening for me.
Although I don't believe that the mirthful performance of Mr O. A. Grillo was captured on any video tape, the experience was preserved for all time by animation director Charles. M. Jones.
About 2 minutes into the cartoon below you will see a highly accurate portray of Oz by Porky Pig.
So accurate in fact that I found I was laughing about the memory of Oscar in fits of laughter rather than the cartoon itself.


I'll be back with more drawings and even another Boxhead and Roundhead soon.

2 comments:

Oscar Grillo said...

He said "L'idiot" with a touch of the mumbling of Monsieur Hulot, that made me laugh.

Great photo of mine you linked...Perhaps I should use it as my avatar.

Kristian said...

I too admire your generously sized antipodean brain! Although i am yet to fully appreciate it's boundless potential. Maybe some other time when i am not so mumbling and lame.
great blog by the by.

 
Blog Directory - Blogged