Also, take the time to visit www.elliotelliotelliot.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

An Alice Repost

These are ancient, and unfortunately only very small old jpgs of very large images.
With Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland being released soon, I thought it worth posting them again.
Sigh...I wish they were bigger and better quality.

Anyway.
These are college illustrations.
I set the story in a hospital.
The Cheshire Cat was a vast obese thing.

The March Hare and the Mad Hatter were in the looney bin.

the Caterpillar was based on an interview I saw with the dying writer, Dennis Potter.

2 comments:

Matt Jones said...

These are better designs than in Burton's film! That last interview with Potter has stuck in my mind too-especially Potter's twisted, arthritic fists & how he managed to like cigarettes. Melvyn Bragg was the interviwer no?

Elliot Cowan said...

That's exactly it.
I was struck by the man who knew he was dying of lung cancer so was just going to smoke and smoke and smoke.

And thanks : )

 
Blog Directory - Blogged